Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jacked Up

The trip to the RV shop was fortuitous. I came home with a shorter jack, but the funny part is that the mounting plate is the same size anyway. I used some scrap pieces of trailer frame to create some spacers and it fits just fine. I'm going to move the jack towards the rear for its final location, take a look.






The jack installation was quick enough, and I put the second coat of polyurethane on the insides and also the final coat on the floor. Here's a photo catching this state.






One thing you'll probably notice if you build one of these is that the galley becomes a makeshift workbench and planning center. It's regularly cluttered with the plan binder, cans of polyurethane, brushes, cups of coffee and power tools. For evidence, this is what my galley counter looks like at the moment.






Damn, two posts in one day! I think that means I'm making some progress.

[g]

No comments: