Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mocked Up

I had to head out to pick up some screws for the headliner install (which will get installed soon, I mean it). I picked up a few other random electrical items along the way. Really just a grab bag, since I have just a dust mote of an idea of what I'm doing with the electrical in the teardrop. Here's a collection of just the beginning of the parts list I'll probably need.





Inventory: a GFCI outlet, a regular outlet, bus bar, GFCI tester and a regular outlet tester.

I also mocked up the install of the galley GFCI outlet. I cut the hole into the electrical raceway and set up the mounting holes, and you'll see that below. None of the wiring is done. Whatsoever. But this places the outlet for me. I plan to have one 120 outlet in both the galley and the cabin, and one 12 volt outlet in both as well. The big mental test will be figuring out how to hook this all together.









The headliner is ready to go in tomorrow. I plan on using Gorilla Glue and some short brass screws to connect it to the horizontal spars. The key phenomenom is bending the 2/8" birch around the interior curve.

[g]

No comments: