Monday, December 8, 2014

Lighting Choices

Imagine yourself enclosed in a space that measures 5 x 8 feet around and 4 feet high. It sounds slightly inhospitable, but this is what you're working with inside the Generic Benroy camper. When put that way, confinement seems cozy. This means that lighting is all the more important.

I had used swiveling aircraft-style reading lights in my previous build. This light below is very similar, if not identical. I placed one of these near each corner in the headliner near the cabinets and two more near the front in the headliner.




 I'm also considering this light style and installing two, rather than four, lights. Here's a photo below from Amazon:



I'll have to think about this one. The latter lighting unit would decrease wiring and installation by half, as I would install them in the ceiling near the front and rear of the cabin, down the center. I'd prefer LEDs here, but perhaps I could convert them somehow.

And in an unrelated note, I've put the second coat of polyurethane on the topside of the headliner this evening. That's ready for carving the cutouts for the vent/fan and whatever lights I finally choose. That gives me a deadline.

[g]


No comments: