Saturday, September 5, 2015

Friday Night is Teardrop Night

There are quite a few ways to blow off steam after another long week, and one of them is having a few beers and building more Teardrop II! While I used to spend Fridays in a bar drinking the draft deal, I'm now more often in the garage building stuff. So I'll kick off my shoes, prop up my feet on the galley and update the FNtTD blog.

The update tonight involves finishing the galley drawers. At least functionally. I still have to build the drawer faces with some birch for aesthetics. Below is the lowest, and biggest drawer completed.




I calculated that there was a 1/4 inch between the drawers and the top and bottom. I used a scrap piece of plywood to space the drawers and mount the hardware, seen below.



Due to the marvels of modern technology, we fast-forward to the completed drawer installation. It all lines up wonderfully, but that's not for a lack of careful measurement. Below is the showcase, sans the drawer faces, of course.



I'll let the drawers sit for now. I'm thinking one more coat of polyurethane in the cabin, and then move to install the fore cabin lights, wiring and drill the holes through the spars for the harness back towards the rear. That would set me up for the next outer skin section, along the most precipitous bend of the teardrop.

Before that I'll have to cut the fan opening in the interior skin. That's some crude jigsaw work. This is it for now, it may be until next work week before I get around to building more.

[g]

No comments: