Wednesday, July 25, 2018

It All Hinges on This

The teardrop build is creeping along with a few more steps. A new taillight with license plate lighting arrived and I've been obtaining the door hinge hardware.




There they are, installed on the hatch door. There is a groove around the mounting surface for a bead of silicone caulk, which you can see squeezing its way out. Once dry, I'll peel that away, as usual.

I won't hold the title of this post in suspense any longer. I picked up 6 nickel-plated hinges and a bunch of 3/4" stainless steel screws for mounting. I have a set installed on one door so far.





Easy goes it, now that I'm back to work. A good chunk of my time is spent dealing with kayaks, rain, wiring my house for ethernet and other various things this week. You can't be on vacation all the time... or can you?

-cheers

No comments: