Saturday, November 8, 2014

Galley and floor brace

It's been a long week at work, but I snagged some kerosene for the workshop heater and put some time in this evening on a few details. Progress looks slow at this point, but I'm more concerned about the fine details this time.

Below is a photo of the center brace for the floor. Due to the nature of the trailer frame, there is a void of support dead-center. This 2x4, trimmed to accomodate the frame rails, will be inserted in this position. Being that it's made of wood, you should coat it with roofing tar. It's currently setting and dripping on my garage floor at the moment. I have already checked it for fit... sorta. It will take some time until it is dry enough to handle.



I've also applied the third coat of high-build polyurethane to the interior of the galley cabinet areas. It required about three weeks of polyurethane-encrusted hair on my head for the last time, but this attempt was a bit cleaner. This should be the final coat, and I can move forward knowing that doors and drawers can go in now.



I've had quite a bit of wine, it's 2:00 AM, and I've spent the last several hours working on the Teardrop II, so this is it for the night. The next item on the roadmap is building the interior headliner, of which I have the material to do so. It will involve some straight cuts of 4x8' plywood, and will mark a significant step in the process. I'm looking forward to it.

[g]


No comments: