Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Still Sanding, After all this Time

Is that a song reference? I kinda felt like it is, but who knows with this brain of mine. I've puttied just about everything, with a few spots left for a re-touch. So then I've moved to sanding the hull of this teardrop camper.




I'm working towards a smooth surface for the eventual paint coat later on. I grew tired of the finishing sanding and started the very first steps toward the rear hatch build.



That's the cutout piece from long ago that serves as the outline for the structural ribs of the hatch. I jigsawed a few inches into the 3/4" birch plywood before deciding that I should be done for the night at 9:30 PM. I want to ensure that this first rib is well-made, as it will be the  model for the other ribs.

I'll save this for another night soon.

[g]

No comments: