Monday, September 5, 2016

The Teardrop Has a Roof

Is "roof" the proper term for such a thing? Nevermind, I can think about that later. The news here is that finally another big structural component finally got done. Here's the final shot:


The entire outer skin is now in place with the installation of the section that runs to the top of the galley. The rest will be the huge hatch door. I've got some stuff to clean up along that galley edge, a little trimming here and some putty there.

Below is the section receiving a coat of penetrating epoxy sealer on the inside. Following that are a few more angles of the section in place.






I had to throw in the last photo of the wiring work just for fun. In the background I had one of the interior cabinet doors on the workbench to install the handles. Below is both of those.


I think I'll move on to cleaning up the roof/outer skin. Putty for the screws and gaps and getting the top of the galley buttoned up. That'll line me up for building the rear hatch door, which is kind of a big deal.

[g]

No comments: