Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Teardrop Tuesdays

Tuesday, and Monday, for that matter, are good nights to work on the teardrop camper. Two good nights alone, on otherwise uninhabited evenings after work. I continued to work on the galley sliding door situation. I finished sanding both doors and applied a coat of polyurethane to both outside faces.



While the first coat is drying on both, I countersunk holes in the bottom track.



I did these every six inches, alternating on the troughs. None of this is too exciting, but teardrop work was cut short by my day job doing network admin for some crisis. It wasn't the network, as we say in the industry, but you always have to prove it.

While the polyurethane "proves" itself, I ruminate on the next steps. A few more coats of poly on the doors, and it's inevitable to dry-fit the hatch door to check for fitment. March, you haven't stolen the show yet!

-g

No comments: