Sunday, May 7, 2017

Trim and Detail Work

Today's progress was basically cosmetic yet important. I installed the quarter-round in the cabin to run the length of the floor-to-wall junction. I polyurethaned them first then glued and nailed them down.


There was a bit of space there, and my thought is that this will prevent drafts. Yeah, it's also cosmetic. I also applied semi-gloss poly to the galley countertop, sides and drawer faces.


I'll probably do three coats in this area in order to thwart moisture and the typical cooking calamity that's packaged with camping.

I also made an Amazon purchase this week of a new ceiling fan. I still have the old one, complete with weathered plastic and a bad screen. Couple that with the fact that it was quite noisy, I decided to move on. Here's a 14-inch RV fan I ordered: Fan-Tastic vent fan

AT $114, it was about mid-range for fans. I think I spend $30 or $40 on the previous fan, and it was just too crappy. I think the next step will be to apply EPS to the outer skin if I get some decent weather so that I may open up the garage door. EPS can get you a bit fried. Oh, and more galley polyurethane, of course.

-g

No comments: